BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!

Hello everyone! The MTC (Missionary Training Center) keeps getting better and better each day!! Time is such an odd concept here... Breakfast feels like one day... and then lunch feels like another day... and then dinner feels like another day... so we all feel like we have been here for ETERNITY but it is great!! We have 16 hour days of PURE studying and training! It is so awesome!!! Everyone is so nice here!! God's love is so strong! :) On Wednesday a new wave of missionaries came in! It was so fun to welcome them, but so sad to see them all say goodbye... brings back memories from last week! :) Our teacher told us that Sister Bradford and I actually weren't supposed to be companions!! There was a last minute change! I AM SO GLAD I HAVE HER! She has been a huge blessing!  

Tuesday was so amazing! We had the wonderful opportunity to have an apostle (a leader from our church) come and talk to us!!!! :D Elder Neil L. Andersen came! The Broadcast went out to all the other MTC's in the world! My companion and I sang in the choir! It was so awesome! It was a great experience! We sang More Holiness Give Me! :D  So in our church when an apostle walks in, everyone stands up... AND THAT WAS SO POWERFUL! In that very moment I could feel that prophets and apostles are truly called of God! 

So as you know... Halloween is coming up.... and the girls in our room thought it would be so funny to scare my companion and I... they hid in the closets... and when we walked in and got settled... they all popped out and scared us! Hahahahha it was the funniest thing ever!!!!!!! Shortly after that the cleaner checker person came walking down the hallway to check everyone's room and make sure it is clean... and I mean our room wasn't completely messy... but it looks like we all just moved in last week soooo Sister Starling peeked out the door and saw the cleaner checker was coming... we dropped everything and INSTANTLY PUT ON CLEANING MODE and ended up cleaning our room in approximately  10 seconds.... I never thought that was possible to do... until then! It was so funny to see us all scrambling around running into each other trying to clean our room to pass the cleaning check. We ended up passing the check ( don't worry) haha even though we may or may not have shoved everything into the closets!!!! Good times! I LOVE the girls in our room! We are always laughing! Apparently it is a thing where EVERYONE gets sick at the MTC... and our whole room had the sniffles all week! It's funny when we were all trying to go to sleep... all you could hear was sniffles... we actually sang Jingle Bells with our sniffles AHAHH it was so funny! We like... ya you had to be there! But we would each do sniffles to the Jingle Bell rhythm haha we have fun. 

This week A LOT happened!  All the missionaries got to watch The Character of Christ by Elder Bednar! This talk seriously changed my life! I would tell all of you to go and watch it... but it's one of those videos they only show missionaries:(  But let me tell you... It was so great! He talked about turning outward when the natural man would turn inward... that is the Character of Christ... that is who Christ was! He was always turning outward and serving others and losing himself in service!! :)
Bednar said, "Empathy during agony is a portion of divinity". I loved it so much! He said Saint means being Christlike! That's why we are the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day SAINTS! We are always trying to be Christlike and follow His example:) If you look for yourself you will never find it.. you have to lose yourself in service to find it, just as Christ did. 

This week my companion and I had Sharon and Violet for our TRC investigators! Our lessons are getting better and better each time! It is crazy how words just flow out of your mouth!:) We love our investigators so much! Well guys I've got to go but  I just want you all to know that I don't just know this church is true, but I FEEL by the power of the Holy Ghost that it is SO TRUE with all my heart! 
Miss you all! Have a great week!
Love, Sister Freeman :) 

PS: read Jude 1:22 and Mosiah 3:19 


Sister Bradford and I next to the Joseph Smith statue :)

I LOVE SISTER BRADFORD




Elders in our district being goof balls

The MTC is a rough life ;) BUT SO GREAT

Our district took a walk to the Provo Temple on Sunday :)




No comments:

Post a Comment