DC!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The Visitors' Center Training at Temple Square was so great! My companion for that was Sister Ramos! She is so great! I learned so much from her! It was so awesome to get to talk to different people on the train ride there and back! :) I sat next to this cute homeless lady and she had a cat that was kind of scary but I tried to look past that and get to know her! I am so glad I got to know her and be there for her even if it was only for 5 minutes! She has my heart and I hope the best for her!! Make sure you keep her in your prayers! I gave her my email address and we have been keeping in touch! :) 

I don't have a lot of time to write today but THE WASHINGTON DC NORTH MISSION IS THE BEST MISSION EVER!!!!!!!! It is so great and our mission president and his wife are the best!!! :) 
The first night in the field (in Washington DC) we ate dinner at the Cooke's house (our mission president) and then we spent the night at a member's house! They were so nice! It was so awesome to get a home cooked meal!! :) The mission is hard and it is crazy hard trying to adjust but the happiness serving the Lord brings overpowers any sadness.

The DC Visitors' Center is so awesome! AND THE TEMPLE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND HUGE!!!!! I love it!! My companion is Sister Griffin and she is so awesome! She is the best trainer ever!!! She is so incredibly smart and the nicest person ever!! :) She is from Colorado Springs!! We are in the DC 2nd ward and that is our zone as well! We are in a singles ward! At first I was bummed I wasn't in a family ward but it is so awesome to be in this ward! They are so solid and have amazing stories and experiences they share from their missions! :) We were out contacting a couple days ago and we saw this man sitting on a bench, so we go up to him and noticed he had a Bible by him and so we went over to him and talked to him and asked him about his Bible... and he said he found it in a garbage can!!!!! He said he is trying to better his life and is looking to come closer to God and Jesus Christ.... MY COMPANION AND I WERE SO EXCITED!!!!! We gave him a Book of Mormon and told him that it was another testament of Jesus Christ and that it goes hand in hand with the Bible! It is like a coin where one side is the Book of Mormon and the other side is the Bible. It's funny, a lot of people think that the Book of Mormon is big and scary but it is just another way to come closer to Jesus Christ! It doesn't take away from your beliefs... IT ADDS TO THEM! :) After we gave Victor (the name of the guy) the book of Mormon he said he believes we are a blessing to him and an answer to his prayers and exactly what he has been looking for! We have another appointment with him tonight! :) It is so amazing how the Lord puts people in your path that need to hear from you! 

So...  a lot of crazy things happen on the Metro.... haha!!!
I guess you could say my companion and I are fluent in sign language now... and by fluent I mean communicating on an iPad with people who are deaf. Haha!! We got to talk to these two guys  by typing things on the iPad and them typing stuff back! It was so cool! We got to introduce them to the ASL missionaries! :) 
And then another time on the Metro a guy asked me out on a date.... that was a little bit awkward!!! I had to explain to him that we don't do that while we are on a mission haha it was a good missionary opportunity to share our message!!!!!! When our stop came up I went to shake his hand and the metro slammed on the brakes.... lets just say I was glad to get off that Metro! Ahahaha!!
AND THEN another time this group of drunk men came onto the Metro at night.... yaaaaaaa we got off on the next stop haha!!! It was kind of scary!

Well that's pretty much my week in a nut shell! :) I'll have more time to write next week but read 3 Nephi 22:4. WE ARE NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST!!! I will defend Christ and his teachings until the day I die! I will take a bullet any day to defend this gospel! It means so much to me and I am just so happy to share this sweet message with all who will hear it! Also read 3 Nephi 21:10 and substitute servant with missionaries!! We are so protected as missionaries!! The Lord takes good care of us and I know first hand for this to be true! (I would tell you more but I don't want Mom to worry jkjk;) Haha!!! You guys are all great and pray always that you may come off conqueror!! Love ya!!

Sister Freeman :) 

My temple square companion Sister Ramos

Last day at the MTC

FOUND A LADY BUG!!!

Travel group to DC




Back row L-R:  Elders Woodis, Tetuaapua, Bias, Mellon, President and Sister Cooke, Elder Talbot
Middle row L-R:  Elder Cowan, Sisters Sigauke, Piutau, Freeman, Gomez and Elder Vermeulen
Front L-R:  Elders Wilcox and Granger
Missionaries get their new Metro cards





With Sister and President Lorenzana, Sisters Freeman, Gomez, Piutau and Sigauke

President and Sister Cooke

First companion in the field... Sister Griffin

Note a member left us!!!

THANKS FOR THE PACKAGE MOM!!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!

My favvv...HAHAHAHAHA I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD!!!! I LOVE IT!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment