8 Months!! :)

This week was crazy but so good! There were lots of changes! We had transfers on Wednesday! Sister Ete went to the Kensington area and I will be training Sister Greenhalgh!! She is from Utah and is just so great!! I am so happy to get to be her trainer! We also found out on transfer day that Sister Higginson will be joining us for 3 weeks! She leaves to go home half way through the transfer for school so we will be in a trio for half of the transfer! It has been great, I love them so much!

Michael's baptism yesterday went so well! He looked so happy! It was so cool, four days before the baptism, Michael called us very excited and said, "I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY GRANDPARENTS ARE MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS!!" Holy cow this was so exciting! So his grandpa got to baptize him yesterday. It was such a sweet experience. Funny story, so we were in charge of filling up the font... And so I was trying to figure out how to turn the water on and the same time I was trying to turn the water on, Sister Greenhalgh was trying to figure out how to plug the font.... Sooooooo I think you guys can see where this is going!! She got drenched! I felt so bad!! Aw man we had a good laugh though so that was good!

We had a lesson with Seth at the Visitors' Center! The spirit was so strong. We committed him to baptism, but he said he would pray about a date! As we were testifying to him that we knew this church was true, he stopped us and he said, "Every time a missionary tells me they know this church is true or that they know something is true, I feel something in my heart." He went on to say, "I hope you guys know how powerful your testimonies are and that every time you say 'I know' you just bare so much witness." This really struck me because it shows how powerful testimonies are. What you KNOW to be true and what you share with others will go a long way! Never keep your testimony to yourself! Always share it.

On Friday we met with this lady that we thought was really interested in the gospel! We got to her house and she just bible bashed us hard core! The spirit was gone. We offered her a copy of the Book of Mormon and she literally threw it back at us and said she wanted nothing to do with it. We left her with a prayer and our testimonies and said goodbye. We got to the car and we were all a little disturbed by what happened. It is hard when you have such a strong testimony about something and someone tries to break it down and throw it back at you. The spirit brought a scripture to our mind while we were in the car. It was Ether 12 verse 6, "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." The last sentence of this scripture "ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith" really rang true to us. Our faith was tried but I can honestly say that that experience made my testimony on the Book of Mormon grow even stronger. That trial of my faith made my witness of the Book of Mormon unshakable. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that it goes hand in hand with the Bible and that it will bring happiness into peoples lives. It truly is written by God. That is knowledge that won't be shaken. As you study the Book of Mormon, I promise you will find added spirit in your life! Who wouldn't want that? Who wouldn't want more of Gods word? I love you all! I hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Freeman

Michael's baptism!  Sister Ete got to come back for it!

 Sisters Ete, Freeman, Greenhalgh and Higginson

Michael and his Grandpa!

My greenie! (Sister Greenhalgh) :)

She is the best!
 

All the trainees and trainers for this transfer!

Sister McArthur and I on transfer day!

Sister Greenhalgh with President and Sister Cooke the day she flew in.

Sister Ete's and my last Pday together. 

We went on a really pretty hike!

 Sister Griffin (my trainer) just left to go home! I'm going to miss her so much!

My district for last transfer!

Lydia!! She is an incredible young woman that Sister Ete and I got really close with! 

We saw her at the Why I Believe Fireside last night!:)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment