Amazing Week!

Hi everyone! This week was AMAZING! 

We had interviews with President and Sister Johnson this week! They went super great! I love them so much. They are incredible examples to me. During our interview, President Johnson asked if I would accept the calling to serve as a Sister Training Leader! I gladly accepted and am super excited for that opportunity and to get to know some of the Sisters better and to be able to learn from them. 

I think I am going to start out with a little miracle we had this week! One of the things Sister Haertling and I fasted for was for a miracle in the Bethesda area. Later in church one of the members came up to us and told us about a friend they had that might be interested in learning more. They gave us his address and we went over later that afternoon. Before we went over we tried to prepare a door approach that would help him know that we had a message specifically for him. He is a single dad and has two little boys. We prepared a thought for his family if he were to actually let us in. We went to the door, hoping that he was prepared at the time and that he would be willing to learn more. When he opened the door and asked what brought us to his house we said, "We are the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we have a message that WE KNOW will bless you and your families' life. Is there a time that we could come and share that with you?". He smiled really big at us and said, "Perfect I'd love to hear about it!". He told us he had to leave soon, but he wanted to hear our message. Something that we have really been working on lately is stating our purpose more clearly when we go to visit people. Sometimes it's easy to just visit and then people don't understand that our purpose is to invite and bring people closer to Christ through faith, baptism, recieving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. So the first thing he asked us was, "So in a 30 second sound-bite, what is your purpose as missionaries". Sister Haertling and I were just smiling really big and told him what it was and he asked us EVERY single question to what we had prepared. He gave us his information and told us he wants us to come back when his kids are home. So we are going over again next week and the family who referred them are going to join! I really hope I stay in the Bethesda area! We have transfers on Wednesday! It was neat to see the blessings from that fast. I know that it is because and through  the Atonement of Jesus Christ that blessings from fasting can come to pass. I am so grateful for the sacrifice Christ made so that we can grow and receive the blessings of the gospel. I know that God has been preparing this special family to receive the restored gospel.

One of our investigators named Mary that I mentioned a couple weeks ago invited us and her neighbors, who are members in the Bethesda ward, over for dinner! It was so lovely! We had a wonderful discussion about the Book of Mormon and modern day revelation. We talked a lot about how God reveals His truth in every time period. It was so lovely and Mary committed to coming to church! Yay!

Update on Amanda, the lady I am teaching online at the Visitors' Center. So Amanda got baptized in November, and then her daughter got baptized in December, and GUESS WHAT! Amanda's husband who has been super against the church for a while had a spiritual experience with the missionaries and is getting baptized January 28! Huge miracle. After he gets baptized their whole family will have received the restored gospel of Jesus Christ all from Amanda coming onto mormon.org. I am so proud of this family and I  know that this gospel blesses families so much
Well that is pretty much everything that happened this week! I wish I could write more but I can't wait to hear from you and all your fun experiences as well! Stay warm!
Sister Megan Freeman

We all wore stripes!

SISTER URBINA! She is from Honduras. 

 
All the sisters got to go to the mission home today and Sister Shin made Korean BBQ!! 
 
 Kentlands District bowling activity...
 
Kentlands District

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment