Tender Mercies :)

Hey everybody!!!!!!!!!
So yeah, that scary moment when you realize you only have four transfers left.... I guess that is still a long time... Right? Haha I miss you all so much! DC is so amazing! I love it here! They are already putting up Christmas lights at the Visitors' Center for the Festival of Lights!!

Here are some highlights from the week:
So we were at the Visitors' Center and two guys walked in. One was named Dylan and the other was Tim. Tim just got baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and he brought his friend, Dylan with him to see the Visitors' Center. We got talking with Dylan and he told us he has given up on religion. He said it wasn't for him. We began our tour around the Visitors' Center and showed him the temple model and what happens inside. We gave Dylan some time after. We could tell he was pondering about something. He got really quiet but we proceeded with the tour. We then took him in the 'Because He Lives' room (I feel like that is where all our miracles happen haha) and we talked about Jesus Christ. We had a really good talk with Dylan. Tim, had a lot of really good comments to add. I asked Dylan if he has ever felt the spirit before and he said, "no." We then taught him about the Holy Ghost and how we can feel it. We then promised him that he would feel the spirit during the two minute 'Because He Lives' video and we encouraged him to act on that feeling and follow what the Holy Ghost would try to tell him. During the video the thought came to my mind that my companion and I needed to pray that Dylan would feel the spirit. But right as I had that thought, I looked over and sure enough, my companion was already praying!! Ha it was so cool. After the movie the spirit in the room was SO strong!  Dylan gave us his email when the tour was finished. After the tour, he emailed me and thanked us for the tour. He said he hasn't thought about his spirituality or God in quite some time and he said he couldn't stop thinking about the tour and the spirit he felt while he was at the Visitors' Center. This experience changed my life. It made me think how some people walk into the Visitors' Center not even knowing they are looking for the truth. I am so grateful that Dylan left the Visitors' Center feeling the spirit and having a desire to learn more.

We had an appointment with a sweet lady named Alice (we met her at the grocery store last P day. She saw our name tags and saw Jesus Christ and said for us to come right on over!) As we were getting out of our car, we saw a woman sitting on a bench looking a little depressed. We felt like we needed to talk to this lady, so we approached her. We got talking with her and got to know her a little bit and Sister Shin offered to sing a song for her. She kindly accepted. Sister Shin sang 'I Am a Child of God' so beautifully. When she was done singing, Melody said, " Woah............ I had a dream where I was in the depths of despair when someone came up to me and told me that I was a child of God." We got talking with her and she opened up and told us about some mental challenges she has been having. She told us how she feels like she is reliving that dream (feeling really depressed) but this time, it was us that got to approach her and tell her she was a child of God. It was so wonderful to get to testify to her that she really is a child of God. She also told us that in her dream she was holding an iron rod of some sort and she was hanging on for dear life. Sister Shin and I talked about the story in the Book of Mormon with the iron rod (1 Nephi ch 8). We explained that she was holding on to the rod trying to take the right path that leads back to God. I am so grateful that as missionaries, we are able to help people who are clinging to the iron rod to help them find the glorious fruit of the gospel. I am almost certain that in this story in the Book of Mormon, there were missionaries all up and down the iron rod trying to help people stay on the right path. ;) I know it was no coincidence that we met Melody! We are so excited to go and visit her again this week!

There is this sweet lady named Oksanna in our ward. She and her husband got baptized almost a year ago. We have been bringing Oksanna to lessons that we have throughout the week. It has been so great getting to know her! She told us that she just wants to do missionary work all the time! It was so amazing. She said that ever since her husband and her have joined the church, their relationship has gotten so much better! The gospel truly does mend relationships! They are working towards getting sealed in the temple for time and all eternity!!! Super exciting!:)

I LOVE the Bethesda ward!! It is so great! The members are so amazing and the best ever! I hope you all have a fun and safe week!
Love, Sister Megan Freeman :)
 
Bernice (the greatest member ever) came with us to visit Marty!!
 
 A member had this nice center piece... Haha the dad is a crocodile hunter!
 

 Sisters at the VC!
 
 Bernice took us out to Korean BBQ for lunch on Saturday!
She is the best!
 
 
 
Sister McArthur's last couple of days in the mission (she left on Wednesday!)
A member invited us come over to celebrate Labor Day last P day!
 
 Sister McArthurs last time at the VC.

Here's a picture mom found on the mission fb page...
 
 
 
Right before Sister Mcarthur left to fly home!:(
 
This is mom... here's a funny one she just sent to me with her contact lens prescription...
I told her to take a picture of the box, but I got her mug as well...cute Megs!
 
Another mission mom just posted these on the mission fb page.

The angel Moroni got a good cleaning and it looks like he's
on his way back up to the top of the DC Temple!
 
 Here's another one mom found on the mission fb page of the same day...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment