TRANSFERS!

Hey everyone!

Ah, so much happened this week! I am going to miss Montgomery Village so much! It has been such an amazing area to serve in! On my last day in the area, Sister Greenhalgh and I met with Kayhlia! She accepted a baptismal date for August 21st! She is so amazing and has such a strong desire to follow Jesus Christ. I am going to miss everyone so much!! 

We had transfers on Wednesday! I am going back to the Visitors' Center and training Sister Shin! She is super cute and from South Korea! She is the most humble person I have ever met! She is constantly serving others. I love her so much! We both came to Sister McArthur in the Bethesda area! Sister McArthur is so awesome! She is from Haiti and is so funny! She goes home at the end of this transfer! I am so grateful for the wonderful companions I am able to be with this transfer! It is so funny to have all the cultural mixes in our trio, there is never a dull moment. It is so great!

We got to meet a super awesome member in the Bethesda ward. Her name is Kadia and her and her family are from Africa. She has had a lot of really cool spiritual experiences. She told us how she had a dream where Jesus Christ told her three times to "Preach my Gospel" and she was called to be a ward missionary three days later! She is such an incredible missionary and was able to bring her 9 year old nephew, Claude, into the church. Claude is the cutest boy I have ever met! When I met him at church, he just had the biggest light around him. He is a very special son of God. We met with him on Sunday and he shared some of his experiences with us that were so special and so spiritual. We met at Kadia's house and she brought her niece, Gian (11 years old), and her Nephew, Kenji (12 years old), for us to teach on Sunday as well and they were so touched by Claude and his example. They told us how they wanted to get baptized just like Claude. They are so excited. After we set a goal for them to work towards, they were running around the house saying how excited they were to get baptized. It was such a cool experience.

We met with Tara this week. She is such a wonderful lady. She has a son that was baptized and then left on his mission about a year and a half ago. She isn't a member but she has been really interested in learning more with her son being out on a mission. She is really open to the missionary discussions. Her son is such a great example.

Well I hope you all have a great week! I am so happy to be out here on a mission and to help others come closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. Love you all!
Sister Freeman

Lots of Pictures!!

Our last lesson with AJ before I left the area! I am going to miss him so much!

Our last District picture for the transfer.

 Haha, when 4 Sisters leave an apartment for transfers...

Sister Shin and I with President and Sister Johnson on Sister Shin's first day!

This picture was taken on transfer day as well... right before 
Elder Branson Squire returned home to Peoria, Arizona!

Sister Shin's group the day they arrived.  Sister Shin is standing to the right of 
Sister Johnson, holding the Book of Mormon!

Sister Shin and I!

Sister Shin brought Korean face masks for all of us!

 Sister Minguito, me, and Sister Baird... we all matched!!!

    Our little trio! 

No comments:

Post a Comment